- Login to Microsoft Office 365 Portal through https://portal.office.com
2. Select Show All
3. Select Settings then Domains
4. Click Add Domains
5. Input your domain name and select Use this domain
6. Configure your DNS records per-instruction in the Public DNS Server hosting your domain. In my case my cloud provider is Cloudflare
7. Login to Cloudflare Portal, then click on DNS.
*Cloudflare is free for the basic plan and you will see the difference between the plans later when you add the domains if you haven’t but it gives you free DNS hosting, and HTTPS protection
8. Click on Add Record
9. Select Type as TXT and leave name as @ then enter the content from the Portal above and then click Save
10. Go back to Office365 Portal and click Verify
11. After verification of domain is completed. You can continue to activate all other Office365 DNS record as necessary. You will need to headback to Public DNS server of choice, in my case it’s cloudflare
12. Select Type as MX, Input @ as Name, Input the mail Server and Priority
13. Select Type CNAME, Name as autodiscover, Target as autodiscover.outlook.com and in Cloudflare set proxy status as DNS only if not the resolution will fail. This is common across all deployment
14. Select Type TXT, name as @, Content as v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all and hit save
15. You can repeat the similiar steps for the other records for Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint as the above steps, but I will show 1 more step where it involves SRV record that can be more challenging.
16. Select type as SRV, Service as _sip, protocol as TLS, Name as @, Priority as 100, Weight as 1, Port as 443 and Target as sipdir.online.lync.com
17. Select Type as SRV, Service as _sipfederationtls, Protocol as TCP, Name as @, Priority as 100, Weight as 1, Port as 443, and Target as sipfed.online.lync.com
18. Click Continue after DNS record is created. So that the validation is done
19. Domain setup completed.